Background/Project: Children are not just little adults. They go through typical stages of growth—intellectually, emotionally, and socially—on their way to becoming adults. Sometimes we may think that children are too young to understand a gospel principle or that we really don’t have much influence with our older children.
Developing a child's personality is an essential element in today's competitive world. A developed personality is definitely a key to success. Though developing personality in children is a slow and steady process.
Developing a child's personality holds a great importance, as it brings a lot more changes in the way the child behaves, deals or accepts a situation, or life itself. And then who as a parent would like to see lot of personality traits in a child. A child with a developed personality can stay socially viable, will be able to impress his audience, interact better, handle situations with great ease, have a positive approach towards each and every situation in life, and handle stress better.
In the present context in Nepal, the school and family focus on getting good marks in exams. However, it is not focused on exploring the hidden talents of children and develops them for future. Children have less opportunities for those. This project aims to dig out the hidden talents and develop different skills so that they can perform better in the future.
- To dig out our child’s hidden talents, boost their confidence and improve their communication skills and language.
- To develop the ability to enhance once scope of knowledge by widening the boundaries and few hobbies or brushing of particular skills
- To help child get over from any of his/her weaknesses and bring a positive attitude in the child's way of thinking and living.
Work and activities:
- Prepare and conduct the research to dig out child’s hidden talents and interest.
- Organize sessions of different life skills, like communication, public speaking and so on.
- Prepare and implement different sessions and activities to improve children’s ability.
Placement Support Process: Each volunteer is greeted and received by VIN local staff at the airport and dropped to a local host family. The first day is the arrival day. The second day volunteers will receive a full day orientation at VIN office in Kathmandu. The placement orientation will cover cultural tips, survival phrases on Nepali language, health tips, preparation for project activities and an introduction to VIN. You will always be guided by a Nepali camp leader and VIN supervisors will visit you time to time for follow up support. Should you have any concerns on the workcamp, you may always call us for immediate help. During or after the workcamp, our staff will take you on a half day sight-seeing tour to cultural heritage sites. On the last day of the workcamp, you will submit a detailed work report, fill up an exit form and sit with VIN executives for exit interview and feedback session.
- Tarakeshwor : Tarakeshwor municipality is situated outskirt of Kathmandu District. It is around 10-15 km from main ring road to Balaju, Kathmandu covered with hills, fields and woods.
- Okhaldhunga: Okhaldhunga district which is 250 km from Kathmandu. It takes one day travel by bus. A hilly and mountainous region surrounded by woods and fields.
Accommodation: The volunteers will stay with the host family/hostel identified by VIN. The living facilities are simple and basic. Male and female volunteers will share the same living area with separate rooms. The volunteers sleep on simple beds / mattress. Please bring your sleeping bag.
Language: Basic English should be spoken among the participants
Participation Fee: The participation fee for Tarakeshwor/Kathmandu is 200 Euros (+30 Euro for transportation) and Okhaldhunga is 200 Euros (+60 Euro for transportation) is to be paid on your arrivals at VIN Office or upon booking the placement by PayPal or bank transfer before the placement.
Why Okhaldhunga and extra transportation fee:
- Beautiful Himalayan region close to Mt. Everest.
- Lacks development and basic infrastructure.
- Very needy local area waiting for development.
- Welcoming community and rich in culture.
- Simple life style and smiling people.
- Lovely environment and up and down hills.
- Takes one day (250 km) car/bus rough and paved drive from Kathmandu.
- Good and enough support from local staff and community people.
- Volunteers will fill they have really contributed for needy and poor community.
The Participation Fee Covers:
- Food and Accommodation: Nepali Standard at a local host family – 3 meals a day
- Transportation: Airport pick up and pick up and drop to the working community site
- A half day guided sight-seeing for the world heritage site of Kathmandu
- Materials for the work-camp, community development projects support
- Local volunteers’ support cost
- VIN T-shirt, and certificate of participation
- 24 hours emergency support
- VIN admin cost.
Airfare, VISA, Travel medical insurance, return airport transfer, entrance fees on the world heritage sights, Personal travel and weekend activities expenses etc.
Meeting point: VIN staff will pick each volunteer from the airport. The volunteers are requested to send their flight details to VIN on time so that we can send our staff with your name card and VIN’s Logo.
If you want to come earlier and explore the country more, you may find pre-paid taxi at the airport or VIN may help you on that.
Airport : Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu
Leisure Activities: VIN takes you a half day cultural sightseeing. Either before, during or after your workcamp. VIN also organize weekends travel tours like Chitwan Jungle Safari, Pokhara, Nagorkot on extra costs if you are interested.
(The detail info sheet and acceptance letter will be sent from VIN after we receive your Complete Volunteer Exchange Form (VEF) from the sending organization)