Promote Women’s rights.
AIMS OF THE PROJECT:
The objective of this project is to promote women’s rights and women empowering through the education of the citizens and the valorization of women. The association provides training and legal advice for women and holds conferences and several manifestations to discuss and advocate women’s rights.
MORE INFO ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Jossour FFM is a Moroccan association that fights for women equality and women empowering. Their wish is to strengthen the concept of citizenship and women rights in developing societies especially North Africans. In 2014, the association wad granted the status of ECOSOC consultant for its efforts and realizations in favour of women rights in Morocco. Since then, Jossour FFM can therefore participate in UN sessions and meetings and discuss its preoccupation with the international community.
The main objectives of this association are:
• Offering alphabetization and foreign language education
• Opening the debate on women’s rights
• Giving media coverage to women
• Raising awareness among the community
• Training the new generation on advocacy strategies
• Producing researches and publications of women’s questions on a national and international scale.
Since the creation of their Center of Citizenship in 1995, 2160 women benefitted from their training programs. In the center, the association proposes 2 different levels of alphabetization courses in partnership with Ministry of National Education and Professional Training, workshops about citizenship and equality (civic, social, politic, economic and professional) values and round tables about the Family Code, advocacy strategies, the Constitution, etc. The center also organizes visits of public institutions for the members, and the last Friday of every month, experts, lawyers, militants and coaches are invited to discuss citizenship.
The center is about to start a new project financed by the APEFE called “Minajliki” that will implement cycles of social entrepreneurship training for women.
By working in this centre, the international volunteers will be in contact with many locals and will have the opportunity to get to know Moroccan’s habits and ways of life and get involved in the community at work as well as on their spare-time.
Rabat is the capital and fourth largest city of Morocco with an average population of 580,000 people. It combines both Mediterranean and Oceanic influences on many aspects. Rabat’s climate is mild and temperate, with cool winters and warm summer days. The city is quite dynamic as far as cultural activity is concerned thanks to many structures (Theatre Mohammed V right in the city centre, Cinema Renaissance, official galleries and the archaeological museum) and active associative work.
• No previous working experience required.
• Enthusiastic, positive, dynamic, patient and respectful people needed.
• Medium level of French and/or English required.
• Willingness to develop ties with other nationalities and learn new things, of course we encourage everyone to follow the pace they feel comfortable with.
• About 4 hours of work per day from Monday to Friday
• Participate in the everyday running of the association
• The volunteers can ask to work on any of the different activities and sections of the association, and if they express any preferences they will be oriented to where there is need of extra hands.
• Assist the realization of leisure activities and workshops.
The volunteers will live with host families where they will be given 3 meals per day. Further information will be given in due time.
ARRIVAL OPTIONS AND MEETING POINT:
• If you choose to arrive directly in Rabat Airport, we can arrange someone to pick you up for 150 dirhams, otherwise the meeting point will be Rabat Ville Train Station.
• To get to the Rabat Ville Train Station from the airport you can take the bus right outside the gate for 20 dirhams and it will leave you in front of the train station. With a taxi, it should cost you about 100 dirhams (price negotiable).
• If you arrive in any other airport of the country, you will be able to reach Rabat by train, check the timetable and connections on www.oncf.ma
Once you have your flights details please pass them by e-mail to your interlocutor so you can arrange with him/her the meeting point.
The info sheet will be send to you by e-mail 3 weeks prior departure.