Help young people presenting mental disorders to live a life as ordinary and autonomous as possible.
AIMS OF THE PROJECT:
The objective of this project is to provide people suffering mental disorders a comfortable environment and offer them perspective of personal development and professional insertion.
MORE INFO ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Hadaf is an associative socio-professional center designed for young people presenting mild mental disorders whether they have been previously followed by a medico-pedagogic institute or not. Its main goal is to offer them a comfortable environment ideal for their personal development and professional insertion.
The center currently hosts about 80 young people and has a staff of about 20 members. The center works tightly with the families and presents itself as a place where the young, the families and the professionals can meet and discuss and share. The facilities are modern and environment friendly.
The Hadaf center offers an individual follow-up for each young disabled person and orients him or her to specific trainings/workshops that suits him/her best. They propose artistic workshops and professional training (for example in restoration). They often expose and sell products made by the young persons to foster their professional initiative and motivation and the profits can be used to improve the propositions of the center.
The staff of the project is composed of health professionals, psychologists, physiotherapists, specialized educators, etc. working closely with the administrative staff, the families and the volunteers. The cultivation of a real sense of community is important to the Hadaf center.
By working in this centre, the international volunteers will be in contact with many locals and will have the opportunity to get to know Moroccan’s habits and ways of life and get involved in the community at work as well as on their spare-time.
Rabat is the capital and fourth largest city of Morocco with an average population of 580,000 people. It combines both Mediterranean and Oceanic influences on many aspects. Rabat’s climate is mild and temperate, with cool winters and warm summer days. The city is quite dynamic as far as cultural activity is concerned thanks to many structures (Theatre Mohammed V right in the city centre, Cinema Renaissance, official galleries and the archaeological museum) and active associative work.
• No previous working experience required.
• Enthusiastic, positive, dynamic, patient and respectful people needed.
• Medium level of French and/or English required.
• Be psychologically prepared to work with disabled persons.
• Willingness to develop ties with other nationalities and learn new things, of course we encourage everyone to follow the pace they feel comfortable with.
• About 4 hours of work per day from Monday to Friday
• Participate in the everyday running of the association
• The volunteers can ask to work on any of the different activities and sections of the association, and if they express any preferences they will be oriented to where there is need of extra hands.
• Assist the realization of leisure activities and workshops
If the volunteers have any knowledge and/or interest in the matter, they can assist the paramedical staff.
The volunteers will live with host families where they will be given 3 meals per day. Further information will be given in due time.
ARRIVAL OPTIONS AND MEETING POINT:
• If you choose to arrive directly in Rabat Airport, we can arrange someone to pick you up for 150 dirhams, otherwise the meeting point will be Rabat Ville Train Station.
• To get to the Rabat Ville Train Station from the airport you can take the bus right outside the gate for 20 dirhams and it will leave you in front of the train station. With a taxi, it should cost you about 100 dirhams (price negotiable).
• If you arrive in any other airport of the country, you will be able to reach Rabat by train, check the timetable and connections on www.oncf.ma
Once you have your flights details please pass them by e-mail to your interlocutor so you can arrange with him/her the meeting point.
The info sheet will be send to you by e-mail 3 weeks prior departure.