ENGHIEN, Enghien’s Park, Hainaut Province, Belgium
“LaSemo” is a multidisciplinary festival that takes place every year in the beginning of July in the Enghien’s Park, in Belgium. It mixes music, theatre, circus, street art, tales, food, games, artisans, cinema. They aim to protect the environment by using reusable cups, dry toilets, reducing waste, etc…
… What else could you ask for?
You will help construction crews: before the festival for construction and after the festival to take
everything down. During the festival, you have free time to enjoy the concerts and activities! The concept of the festival is to be organic and eco-responsible.
TO THE POINT…
- Dates: July 3 to July 13, 2018 (this year) – next available in 2019
- Type: music and street art festival
- Max volunteers: 5 volunteers / Volunteers must be at least 18 years old when the project starts.
- Accommodation: You will be sleeping in the camping site of the festival. Bring your camping gear! (Tent, mattress, sleeping bag …).
- Working language: Able to communicate in French or English
- Food: Almost all the meals are provided. Make sure you have a small budget for breakfast and lunch during the festival days (6-8 july)
- Clothing: Boots or hiking shoes (you might not want to take nice shoes because you might get VERY dirty). Do not forget, everything will take place outside. Work clothes (for the construction work), and comfortable clothes (for the festival). Summer clothes AND winter clothes because it can get warm or cold! Volunteers need to bring clothes that dry fast because if you get wet, you might have to change clothes several times a day. If you think about bringing clothes that dry fast, you will not end up with only wet clothes left.